This simple soup recipe is great as-is but is also a wonderful base for you to make your own. We encourage you to adjust our recipes to your liking!
To get you started on how you might change this recipe, here are some of the variations Blendtec customers have made.
Alim made the following changes/additions: 1. Used chicken stock made from cubes instead of vegetable broth as I did not have that. So I did not add any salt. 2. Added baby carrots and quarter green bell pepper to broccoli for steaming. 3. Added a few leaves of baby spinach. 4. Added a pinch of ground red chili and ground roasted cumin. 5. Used cheddar cheese slices because of ready availability.
Lumpy says, “I followed the directions except I used pepper jack cheese and doubled the cheese. I was shocked at how well it turned out.”
“I tried the recipe as stated. It was good. I modified it today: Mrs. Dash instead of salt. A garlic clove, chicken stock, an avocado and a dash of hot sauce added as well. It came out of the blender steaming hot with lots of flavour. I threw in some niblets for texture.” – jaw3350
Johanna shared her adjustments: “I tried this recipe today and it turned out very creamy and flavorful. I used chicken broth cube instead of vegetable broth. I steamed my broccoli with carrots, onions, garlic, parsley and peppers. I used both cheddar and pepper jack. I used carnation milk versus water.”
- 3 oz. cheddar cheese roughly chopped
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. kosher or sea salt
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups broccoli florets steamed and divided
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 22mg
- Sodium: 534mg
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 2g
- Protein: 6g
- Add 3½ cups broccoli florets and remaining ingredients to WildSide+ or FourSide jar. Secure lid and select “Soup” or blend on a High speed for 90-180, blending longer for hotter soup.
- Add remaining ½ cup broccoli florets to jar. Secure lid and press “Pulse” 3–5 times or until broccoli florets are desired size.
Add a pinch of crushed red pepper for a little kick.