Grab some cucumbers from your garden or at the farmer’s market and try this especially refreshing dish! This light, chilled soup is the perfect summer snack, appetizer or meal and offers a different taste than the majority of chilled soups. Instead of being sweet, the yogurt gives it a tart taste and the salt, pepper, garlic, parsley, and green onions give it a nice, savory flavor. It’s a great way to get some needed nutrition as well – the yogurt provides some protein and the cucumbers satisfy part of your daily recommended serving of veggies.
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp. kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 bunch fresh parsley stems trimmed (approximately ⅓ cup)
- 2 green onions trimmed and halved
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 large cucumbers peeled and quartered
- Serving Size: 9 fl. oz.
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Sodium: 388mg
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 8g
- Protein: 7g
- Add ingredients to WildSide+ Jar in order listed and secure lid. Select “Soup” or blend on a High speed for 90 seconds.
- Chill for two hours prior to serving.
Note: Serve this soup with your favorite whole grain cracker.